Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Here We Go Again!

Please don't tell my wife because this is getting a bit crazy. After successfully building Knights of the Arcade Table and Bella's Arcade, I now bring to you .... The Beach Arcade!

This will be the third arcade cabinet I build from scratch. It will be a "furniture style" cabinet made out of birch plywood and stained a nice mahogany color or something similar. It is designed for 2 players and will have a 6-button layout for fighters as well as a trackball for Golden Tee and a bunch of other cool stuff which I will explain as I build it. I'm in the designing stages right now but I'm hoping to begin construction in a few weeks.

A little bit of background... My in-laws have a house in Salisbury, MA. It's a great little house right on the beach where everyone in the family can go to relax whenever they want. Every great vacation spot needs an arcade, right? I have a feeling this cabinet will be getting a ton of use once it's complete - hopefully I can sand-proof it!

No comments: